the all or nothing nature of hobbit

Dan Simoes dan.simoes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 20:59:30 CET 2006

I love hobbit and have been using it (and BB) for many years, so take this
as constructive criticism.

One of my biggest headaches with BB (and now hobbit) has been the
all-or-nothing nature of alerts.
By this I mean that if your main network link is down, everything goes red
for network status.

Something happened on my monitoring box (probably DNS) that caused a cadence
of http errors.  http was not truly down on all these N hosts on various
networks, it was the network test that was failing on the monitoring box.

I'm unaware of a solution to this issue, and I'm considering moving to
another product because of it.
Are there any solutions, either existing or planned?

Lastly, who is maintaining the debian package for hobbit?  Both the server
and client packages still have the same bugs I reported months ago.

Thanks.

Dan