[hobbit] NCV_testname= specification

Kern, Thomas Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Tue Dec 5 21:19:24 CET 2006

I don't know yet. I can't get my hobbit admin to acknowledge any of my
email or voicemail about hobbit. She is avoiding me.

I think something can be done because of the special metrics disk
report. It shows all of the disk data in a single chart rather than the
4/chart that is standard in the disk and trend pages.

I also looked at the hobbit server source code about the vmstat trend
chart. It is a nice 3 color chart for SYS, USR, IDLE cpu utilization.
The backend code is the only process that deals with the vmstat section
of the client-data stream and there is only the cpu section is used. I
coded a HOBVMSTT exec to build a [vmstat] section from the VM
Performance ToolKit data. It got automatically sent to the hobbit server
and in the trends page a placeholder graph appeared (nice magic).
Unfortunately the hobbit server has permissions issues with every new
graph so all I get is the red-x.

Once I get these things to graph nicely, I will package them up with a
little write-up as a SAMPLE extension to Hobbit/VM for those sites that
also use VMPTK.

/Thomas Kern
/301-903-2211