DEFAULT client settings applied even when a different rule matches earlier in hobbit-clients.cfg

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Fri Dec 1 21:31:27 CET 2006

I'm trying to set up my hobbit-clients.cfg file so that specific hosts
have certain settings, and the remaining hosts that do not match pick up
the default settings.  However, it seems that the default settings are
picked up and applied to everything, no matter what.  If I understand
what I've read in the hobbit-clients.cfg manpage, the first rule match
should be applied and the remainder of the config file is ignored for
the host.  That has not been my experience, though.  For example, I have
these two entries in my hobbit-clients.cfg:

HOST=%radm.*t.mcclatchyinteractive.com
         UP      30m
         LOAD    3.0 5.0
         DISK    * 90 95
         MEMPHYS 100 101
         MEMSWAP 50 80
         MEMACT  90 97
         PROC adm 1

DEFAULT
         # These are the built-in defaults.
         UP      30m
         LOAD    3.0 5.0
         DISK    * 90 95
         MEMPHYS 100 101
         MEMSWAP 50 80
         MEMACT  90 97
         PROC    default 1

Right now I have a red procs alert for server
radm004t.mcclatchyinteractive.com, because the process "default" is not
running.

I feel like I'm just missing something simple, but can't figure out what
it is.  Any tips?
--
Tom Georgoulias
Systems Engineer