[hobbit] Attack of the purple port

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 30 10:11:59 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 01:00:17AM -0500, Jeff Newman wrote:
> Everything is working great! *except* (hah, you knew that was coming didn't
> you)

Yep, that introduction usually ends with such reservation

> the ports status is purple for my hobbit server, and like the few
> others on here, my hobbitd goes yellow. UNLIKE others here, I have no
> messages that I can find anywhere about truncated data. I added
> MAXMSG_CLIENT=1024
> to the hobbitserver.cfg and restarted, but this didn't fix the problem.

Yellow "hobbitd" status points to either hobbitd just being restarted,
or some errormessages logged at the bottom of the hobbitd status
display. If the latter, what are those messages ? (They should be in
the hobbitd.log file also).

> Perhaps I am not looking in the correct logfile? Maybe there is a
> setting I am overlooking? If there is more info i can provide, please
> let me know. I do not have any port checks defined, but on all my
> other boxes, it doesn't display purple, it just shows gray with the
> data.

If you view any status for the Hobbit server, there should be a "Client
data" link at the bottom of the page. If you click on that link, is
there a section beginning with "[ports]" ? If not, the client logfile is
probably the best place to start troubleshooting it (the
"hobbitclient.log" in the Hobbit logs directory).