AIX client question -- data overflows Hobbit server

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Tue Aug 29 16:04:18 CEST 2006

I am monitoring some special purpose AIX systems, and every once in a
while the client sends more data than the server can handle.  It looks
like the cause might be the routing table dump, which can be quite large
on these systems.  Evidently these systems dynamically add a lot of
host-specific route entries.  I don't recall anything on the Hobbit
server that checks the client routing table, so is it going to be a
problem if I simply disable this part of the client data gathering?

GLH