[hobbit] case sensitive bb-hosts?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 29 07:30:28 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:38:53PM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
> The fact that bb-hosts is case sensitive came as a bit of a surprise.  I

It isn't.

I don't know what you did, but hostnames are always matched without
caring about upper/lowercase. (Just to be sure, I double-checked this on
a 4.2 install using both normal status- and client-messages).

Hobbit *does* care about the full hostname, though. It is common for
ghosts to appear because the bb-hosts entry uses a hostname with the
domain included, and the clients send hostnames with no domain.