[hobbit] Another stellar release

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 28 07:30:11 CEST 2006

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 08:12:08PM -0500, Rich Smrcina wrote:

> Before 4.2 at it's peak the Hobbit virtual machine would use ~13% of the
> CPU. I wasn't worried too much about that, since the peak comes at a
> consistent interval.

Sounds like it was every 5 minutes when the webpage update kicked in.

> After 4.2 I've noticed that the Hobbit virtual machine now barely gets
> about 1% of CPU Utilization.  I was very surprised at the significant
> reduction in resources required for this release.

Nice! Well, it just goes to show how embarassingly non-optimal some of
my early coding was :-) It's good that there are open source profiling
tools available to point out where the hotspots are in your program.

> I must commend Henrik, not only on this wonderful achievement, but also
> on the amazing new features in 4.2.  May all your releases be so good!

I'll do my very best.

Thanks,