[hobbit] 4.2.0 doesn't graph raid volume

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Aug 26 23:16:38 CEST 2006

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 01:35:14PM -0400, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> The subject says it all. I just created a 3 drive RAID5 array using
> software raid and mdadm. Everything is working fine, and hobbit even
> displays the raid disk space stats, but doesn't seem to graph it.

As far as I can tell, Hobbit does track your /mnt/raid5 disk in the
graph.

> hobbit also graphs a drive mount that is no longer there.

If you have filesystems that no longer exist, then the graphs on
the "disk" status can get mixed up for a while. Basically, the
"disk" status counts the number of lines of filesystems reported, so
when your disk status contains

Filesystem         1024-blocks      Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/sda3             72873600  12139768  57032056      18% /
/dev/md/0            480726864  52734128 403573148      12% /mnt/raid5

then Hobbit assumes there should be two disk graphs, and it will pick
the first two disk*.rrd files and graph those. If one of those two
happen to be the filesystem that no longer exists, it will show up on
the graph, and you'll be missing the other filesystem that should be
there.

After some time - 24 hours, I believe - the graph on the "disk" status
display will ignore the non-existing filesystem because the RRD file is
no longer being updated, and the disk graph will show up with the correct
display. This seems to be what is happening now.