how/where to set/check thresholds for custom test

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 22:40:27 CEST 2006

I am successful following the 'slab' example to get it show up in RRD
graph as well as reported under 'slab' column. However, I am albeit at
loss on how to set up thresholds just like those in the built-in
tests. I used to write BB extension scripts, which calculate status
based on hard-coded thresholds set locally on the client and report
status to BBSERVER accordingly using $BB "status" command.

In an ideal world, I'd, of course prefer, the extension script working
the same way as the built-in tests, in that a custom data section came
in from client, while the server sets the threshold centrally to
trigger alerts (plus plot them into a RRD graph). Is this possible
with Hobbit? Short of which, is there a better Hobbit approach other
than the BB extension approach I described above?