[hobbit] cgi can't see libpcre

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Fri Aug 25 15:50:15 CEST 2006

"No pcre errors during the build process" doesn't mean much.

I found that if you DON'T modify the makefile at all the compile and
installation will proceed just fine all the way through "make install"
and then the binaries that need PCRE won't load.  So I had to "make
clean" then change the makefile, then go through the whole make again.

Besides all the other good advice already provided by others, I have
some "is it plugged in" questions -- no offense:

A) Did you "make clean" to force make to recompile and relink everything
after you changed the Makefile to explicitly include the pcre libraries?

B) Did you modify the Makefile correctly (I am the King of Typos
myslef)?

Good luck!

GLH