Remedy Ticketing

Epp, Matthew Contractor PEO EIS AKO matthew.epp at us.army.mil
Thu Aug 24 23:11:51 CEST 2006

I have an existing Remedy ticket generation system for Big Brother that I'm
trying to convert to Hobbit. Basically, I had added some code to dohostsvc.c
for an additional button next to HISTORY:

sprintf(dataline,"<td><FORM ACTION=\"%s/bb-ticket.sh\"><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT
VALUE=\"Open Ticket\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"ACKFILE\"
VALUE=\"%s\"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=\"TIMEBUF\"
VALUE=\"%s\"></FORM></td>\n",cgibinurl,filename,logtime);

                strcat(hostsvcdata,dataline);

This passed the form data to a shell cgi script, and from there I was able
to grab whatever data I needed from the history logs. If someone even wanted
to open a ticket on a historical event, they could, because the TIMEBUF
always pointed to the correct event log.

Now, I see the part in htmllog.c that creates the historybutton(), but I
can't see where I might be able to grab the TIMEBUF from. I tried an
xgetenv("TIMEBUF") but no luck. Any other way I can get the timestamp?