[hobbit] Informal survey about commercial support for Hobbit

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Thu Aug 24 19:39:18 CEST 2006

You mean the support could be better than this??? Good trick! :-)

And an observation my father made a long time ago -- "When you start
making money from your hobby, it becomes work, and work isn't as much
fun."

Now that I've got that out of the way -- my management has come around
several times, wondering if there was any way of providing you with
compensation for all the work you're doing, and this could be it (but
keep your amazon wish list up to date, please!).

Unlike others on this list, we don't run any 'mission-critical' systems
(at least not by IBM's definition) and while we have several
'enterprise-critical' systems, hobbit as-is does very nicely for us.

We would most likely be interested an a reasonably priced annual fee for
the opportunity to get either custom modifications to hobbit (based on
the past couple of change requests, this looks more like "getting our
stuff moved to the top of the priority list") or consultation and
assistance in implementing custom tests. This would be direct email
support, 24 hour response, and should probably be limited to one such
mod/test per calendar quarter. As for 'reasonable price' -- somewhere in
the $2500 to $3000 US range.

There is, of course, no guarantee we'd sign up for this if you offer it.
There's also the very real possibility we'd sign up for it and not
really make use of it (we can be strange that way at times :-)

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc