Patch dependencies?

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Tue Aug 22 17:33:35 CEST 2006

Folks:

I decided to catch up with the patches, so I tried to install these on
my Sun server:

client-options.patch
client-testmode.patch
double-contenttype.patch
downtime-singlestatus-docs.patch
hobbitfetch-dynaddr.patch
infopage-duplicates.patch
top-solarisclient.patch
web-cookiehandling.patch
zoomgraph-bgcolor.patch

Foolishly, I tried to install them in this order.  This does not work.

On my system, web-cookiehandling.patch must be installed before
infopage-duplicates.patch will work.  Just an FYI.

And, for newbies like me who haven't used patch before, the command to
install a patch appears to be:

$ cd [top of Hobbit source tree]
$ patch -p0 < [patch file]

[read output and look for errors, praying you don't see any].

To back out a patch that barfs:

$ cd [top of Hobbit source tree]
$ patch -p0 -R < [patch file]

After patching, go through the "make; stop Hobbit; make install; start
Hobbit" drill.

Of course, everyone but me probably already knows this backwards and
forwards.

GLH