[hobbit] msgcache is unstable

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 22 16:21:14 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 04:03:20PM +0200, Rolf Masfelder wrote:
> i'm running msgcache on a remote machine. For some houres it works fine,
> but at some point it stopps working.
>
> Here is a part of msgcache.log (msgcache is running with --debug)
>

> 2006-08-22 15:12:13 New connection
> 2006-08-22 15:13:36 New connection
> 2006-08-22 15:13:37 -> oksender
> 2006-08-22 15:13:37 <- oksender(1-a)
> 2006-08-22 15:13:37 Got pullclient request: pullclient 1
> 2006-08-22 15:13:43 New connection
> 2006-08-22 15:13:53 New connection
> 2006-08-22 15:16:13 New connection
> 2006-08-22 15:18:44 New connection

It would be interesting to see the Hobbit server's hobbitfetch.log file
also around this time. I suspect there might be some "Timeout while
talking to ..." messages there.

Also, try enabling debugging for hobbitfetch with
   "kill -USR2 <hobbitfetch PID>"
and then force a listing of the currently active connections with
   "kill -USR1 <hobbitfetch PID>"

Finally, when msgcache is in this state, what happens if you run
- from the Hobbit server - the command

   bb IP.OF.CLIENT.HOST "pullclient"

It should dump the last status message to the screen.