[hobbit] [feature request] Dynamic or Split NCV

Charles Goyard cgoyard at cvf.fr
Mon Aug 21 19:10:29 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:05:26PM +0200, Charles Goyard wrote:
> > So I'd like to see something like (S for Split or Single) :
> >
> > SNCV_sqlcnx="/.+ on .+/:GAUGE" that would yield :
> >
> > /usr/hobbit/data/rrd/~$ ls databaseserver.int.cvf/
> > sqlcnx.foo at appserver01.int.cvf_on_content.rrd
> > sqlcnx.foo at appserver02.int.cvf_on_content.rrd
> > (and so on)
> >

> > Since I really need it, I can always try to add this into hobbit. Would
> > it be possible to implement it as a new channel or it has to be into the
> > code rrd handling ?
>
> I started looking at this yesterday, but was interrupted by the
> security problem that caused a new 4.1.2p2 release yesterday. I don't
> think it requires a lot of new code, but I'd prefer to wait until
> after the 4.2 release. So lets discuss this next week.

Hi Henrik,

just a small reminder about this feature. I also think the syntax should
be something like :

NCV_whatever"%.+ on .+:GAUGE"

so it's consistent with other uses of regexes in files.

Tell me if you plan to look at this soon, or else I'll try to implement
it (uglily and buggily :) by myself.

Charles Goyard - cgoyard at cvf.fr - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31