[hobbit] Gnokii and Hobbit

Michael Magua m.magua at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 07:34:58 CEST 2006

On 8/19/06, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 10:08:10PM +0200, Michael Magua wrote:
> >
> > I have a premicell and a serial cable going from the server to the
> > premicell. I compiled gnokii and from the command line I can do:
> >
> > echo "some msg" | gnokii --sendsms <cell number>
> >
> > And that works. However following the examples from the Hobbit website
> > on sms notifications does not work.
>
> "Does not work" is a rather generic error description. What exactly
> is that that you cannot get to work? Your alerting rules, the
> alert script you're - presumably - using to interface with Gnokii,
> or ... ?
>
> Perhaps if you'd show us what's in your hobbit-alerts.cfg file,
> and how you're trying to invoke gnokii via an alerting script ?
> It would make troubleshooting a lot easier.
>

> Regards,
> Henrik

Sure.

In hobbit-alerts.cfg I have:

HOST=mail
     MAIL admin at domain.com REPEAT=20 SERVICE=smtp
#SCRIPT /usr/local/bin/smsalert FORMAT=SMS
#SCRIPT echo "$BBALPHAMSG" | gnokii --sendsms <cell number> FORMAT=SMS

Both of those script calls are commented out as I was trying various
things. Here is my /usr/local/bin/smsalert:

#!/bin/sh
echo "$BBALPHAMSG" | gnokii --sendsms <cell number>

None of these ideas work. If I use the sendsms method as described in
the examples on the Hobbit site, those don't work either.

Thanks
Michael