TOP withing hobbitclient-sunos.sh

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 07:14:10 CEST 2006

On 8/18/06, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I do not see any list of process on the "cpu" column.
>
> I also do not see a section called [top] in the client data file
>

> > I am running hobbit client 4.2.0 on Solaris 8. I do have top
> > installed. If I run which top as hobbit user I get /usr/local/bin/top.
> >
> > Now I do not follow this section of the hobbitclient-sunos.sh file
> >
> > # $TOP must be set, the install utility should do that for us if it exists.
> > if test "$TOP" != ""
> > then
> >     if test -x "$TOP"
> >     then
> >         echo "[top]"
> >         $TOP -b 20
> >     fi
> > fi
> >
> > It seems like the "install utility" did not find the top command.
> >
> > I know it is the not the TOP in hobbitclient.cfg according to the
> > following lines
> >
> > # The following defines a bunch of commands that BB extensions expect
> > to be present.
> > # Hobbit does not use them, but they are provided here so if you use
> > BB extension
> > # scripts, then they will hopefully run without having to do a lot of tweaking.
> > [...]
> > TOP="/bin/prstat -can 20 1 1"
> > [...]

I can get the [top] section show up after adding
TOP="/usr/local/bin/top" right before the first if test of $TOP in
hobbitclient-sunos.sh file.

That seems to be the only way I could make [top] work. If I add
TOP="..." and export TOP in runclient.sh it does not work. If I try to
set TOP=`which top` in hobbitclient-sunos.sh it does not work.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu