TOP withing hobbitclient-sunos.sh

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 23:07:38 CEST 2006

Hi

I do not see any list of process on the "cpu" column.

I am running hobbit client 4.2.0 on Solaris 8. I do have top
installed. If I run which top as hobbit user I get /usr/local/bin/top.

Now I do not follow this section of the hobbitclient-sunos.sh file

# $TOP must be set, the install utility should do that for us if it exists.
if test "$TOP" != ""
then
    if test -x "$TOP"
    then
        echo "[top]"
        $TOP -b 20
    fi
fi

It seems like the "install utility" did not find the top command.

I know it is the not the TOP in hobbitclient.cfg according to the
following lines

# The following defines a bunch of commands that BB extensions expect
to be present.
# Hobbit does not use them, but they are provided here so if you use
BB extension
# scripts, then they will hopefully run without having to do a lot of tweaking.
[...]
TOP="/bin/prstat -can 20 1 1"
[...]

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu