[hobbit] Feature Request: Notification Log Report

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 15:12:46 CEST 2006

>From: henrik at hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>Subject: Re: [hobbit] Feature Request: Notification Log Report
>Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:34:54 +0200
>
>On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 05:13:11AM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:
> >
> > By displaying raw notification.log text file,
> > I can quickly confirm if bb server really send email alert  to the
>resolver
> > group's pager.
> >
> > I found this is quite useful in for system monitor administrator to make
> > sure bb server's bbwarnrules.cfg is functional.
>
>You mean you don't trust the alert summary on the "info" column page?

http://tyge.sslug.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=www.linuxforum.dk&SERVICE=info

I like this page.
Do you have a info page that show differen procs/disk has different
recipients ?
This will be a good demo of my previous question reqarding to different
process alert
different recipient.

> > Can hobbit server add a notification  report under "Reports" ?
>
>I've had a task for sometime now to generate an "Incident" reporting
>feature, where you get a chronological summary of what happened
>during an incident: When it started, when it was acknowledged, what
>alerts were sent out, when it recovered. This basically means picking
>out data from several logs, including the notifications logfile.
>
>Would that cover your needs also?

This exceed my request, even better.  I need a page to see the log of
all alerts and their paging/email got sent at what time. It is good
for incident reivew.