[hobbit] Feature Request: Notification Log Report

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Aug 18 12:34:54 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 05:13:11AM -0500, T.J. Yang wrote:

> By displaying raw notification.log text file,
> I can quickly confirm if bb server really send email alert  to the resolver
> group's pager.
>
> I found this is quite useful in for system monitor administrator to make
> sure bb server's bbwarnrules.cfg is functional.

You mean you don't trust the alert summary on the "info" column page?

> Can hobbit server add a notification  report under "Reports" ?

I've had a task for sometime now to generate an "Incident" reporting
feature, where you get a chronological summary of what happened
during an incident: When it started, when it was acknowledged, what
alerts were sent out, when it recovered. This basically means picking
out data from several logs, including the notifications logfile.

Would that cover your needs also?