[hobbit] hobbit-alerts DOWNSECS

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 17 22:59:35 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:31:18PM -0300, mario andre wrote:

> I'm trying to set a custom mail script for hobbit-alerts.When I use the
> $DOWNSECS , the value showed is the downsecs for the current day and not the
> real value in case of the service is down for more then a day.
>
> Hobbit version 4.1.1

You probably need to upgrade. From the Hobbit "Changes" file:

Changes from 4.1.2 -> 4.1.2p1 (10 Nov 2005)
Bugfixes:
[snip]
* The handling of alerts was counting the duration of an event
  based on when the color last changed. This meant that each
  time the color changed, any DURATION counters were reset.
  This would cause alerts to not go out if a status was
  changing between yellow and red faster than any DURATION
  setting. Changed this to count the event start as the *first*
  time the status went into an alert state (yellow or red, usually).

Note that this would also bite you if the host has a DOWNTIME setting,
since it then changes to "blue", causing the duration counters to
be reset.

Of course, I'd recommend that you upgrade to version 4.2.0.