Alerts Question

Dula, Mike mdula at star-telegram.com
Thu Aug 17 21:10:41 CEST 2006

Hi, I seem to be having issues with the reliability with the alerts
feature.

My Hobbit-alerts.cfg is written as followed.

HOST=server1

        MAIL number(at)cingularme.com RECOVERED

        MAIL address(at)company.com RECOVERED

HOST=server2

        MAIL number(at)cingularme.com RECOVERED

        MAIL address(at)company.com RECOVERED

HOST=* RECOVERED

        IGNORE HOST=server

        IGNORE HOST=server1

        IGNORE HOST=server2

        MAIL address(at)company.com

        MAIL number(at)messaging.nextel.com

        MAIL address(at)company.com

        MAIL address(at)company.com <mailto:address at star-telegram.com>

I am not using SMS but using the phone provider's email to send test to
a phone. The messages poured in after a hobbit.sh restart, but then the
quit going through. Sometimes only the (at)company recipients go
through. Also for the cell phone emails is there a way I can customize
messages sent to the recipient? Ie. make the text short and sweet,
(Server and Service status only)

-Mike