[hobbit] Upgrade to 4.2.0, conn all read

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 14 17:15:05 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 09:31:12AM -0400, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> I just upgraded my main hobbit server to the new 4.2.0 and now all of
> the conn tests go red. I have manually tested the fping command and that
> does work. There are no logs created other then hobbitlaunch.log and
> that doesn't have anything about the failure.

If only hobbitlaunch.log is created, then it is failing to start the
main hobbitd process. In which case your webpages are not being updated,
the network tests stop running, and life in general is miserable.

> 4.1.2pl2 worked fine and nothing was changed from when it was upgraded.
> Any suggestions?

Sounds like shared memory/semaphore IPC problems to me.  What's in the
hobbitlaunch.log file ?