[hobbit] content tests (Yet another content check question)

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Thu Aug 10 23:06:39 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 10:08:42AM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to combine the two? I tried something like:
>> cont=http;http://www.myhost.com:8000=1.2.3.4/some/test.php;SUCCESS
>>

> cont=mycontent;http://www.myhost.com=1.2.3.4:8000/some/test.php;SUCCESS
>
> should work just fine. "www.myhost.com" is just the Host: header that
> Hobbit sends to with the http request; the above test connects to IP
> 1.2.3.4 on port 8000.

Hmm it seems to only work if I specify the port along with myhost.com as
I showed in my example.  When I tried using =1.2.3.4:8000, the status
result would give an error about not being able to connect to the IP or
something.  That was with an older snapshot though. I will try again and
report the result.

> And stop that madness about putting the content check into the http column.

LOL...Yes sir :-)  The only other question I have is, how do I get 2
content checks to show? When I specify more than one, it only shows the
result of the first one (although both are shown in the info column so I
assume alerts would still work for each).