[hobbit] Hobbit Monitor version 4.2 released

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 10 17:11:32 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 04:12:21PM +0200, Peter wrote:
> Great job Henrik!

Thanks :-)

> I am trying to understand the client-local.cfg.
> I see now all types of linux in the file, but how does the client
> decide which one to take? if he uses the uname -s then it will be
> always linux? or not. And if you use a [hostname] section he does
> not read the [linux] section any more?

The client by default uses the "uname -s" output, which will be
"linux". If you launch the client with
    ~hobbit/client/runclient.sh --os=rhel3
then it will use the [rhel3] setting. The list --os names is restricted
though, so for a more generic solution you can define your own "classes"
and run the client with a "--class=MYCLASS" option; then it will use
the [MYCLASS] section.

In all cases, if there is an explicit section named by the hostname
of the client, this overrides any OS/CLASS settings. And each section
is independent of the others, so yes - a [hostname] section causes
the [osname] section to be ignored.

> ps. Release notes say that the DOWNTIME in bb-hosts can now be applied to individual test.
> The man page of bb-hosts doesn't say so.
> As far as I tried it, it should contain a test(s)

Yep, I stumbled across this myself just a couple of hours ago. Darn.