R: [hobbit] dialup directive not implemented?

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Tue Aug 8 20:02:40 CEST 2006

Hi all, I'm also in need to a "iprange" test mostly for modem banks and vpn connected users...
This kind of syntax will be much better then the old dialup style.
If it will become a normal test with a normal output it could be nice to also have something like number of reachable/unreachable host in rrd format so that we can see how many users are connecting during the day...

Another think interesting (don't know how many people will use it or need it) can be something like
0.0.0.0 vpnpool.foo.com # [!]iprange=172.16.1.1-172.16.1.100,[yellow number],[red number]
So it can also be used to alert when for example you've only 5 connection available out of 100 or the reverse of this for example if of your 10 domain controller/webserver/dns server only 2 are up and running