[hobbit] dialup directive not implemented?

Mike Serra mserra at iwu.edu
Tue Aug 8 17:57:41 CEST 2006

(heh) Sorry, I thought I had searched the archives thoroughly before
asking about this, but I somehow missed the earlier extensive
discussion.  My apologies.  At any rate it seems like it would be
useful; we're interested in it for our modem pool, and I've seen people
in mailing lists (for BB?) who found other uses, like monitoring which
desktop machines in the office are up, etc.  But making it into a normal
network test associated with a host has one confusing aspect -- why
should it be associated with a host?  In fact the old BB syntax called
for a "hostname," but I can't think what it could want it for except as
a label to put on the display webpage.  But other than that confusion,
the old syntax makes sense.
- ms