[hobbit] Feature/enhancement request?

David Gore David.Gore at VerizonBusiness.com
Tue Aug 8 15:12:53 CEST 2006

Since I an others have to modify ~/client/bin/hobbitclient-`uname
-s`.sh, how about this shell script using a configuration file?
Something like this:

echo "[date]"
$DATE
.
.
.
echo "[ps]"
$PS

Config file example 1:

DATE=/usr/bin/date
PS=/usr/ucb/ps wwwaux   # needed for monitoring long java command lines

Config file example 2:

DATE=/usr/bin/date
PS=sudo /usr/ucb/ps wwwaux   # SUN changed what Berkeley ps can see,
need sudo

We also wouldn't mind seeing only ~/client/bin/hobbitclient-`uname
-s`.sh generated or at least a way to only install/copy the version that
matches the OS you built the client on.  Perhaps I have just built too
many snapshots and it has become tedious to delete all the extra OS
versions before deploying a new client.

And why is it that the 'w'rite bit has been removed from files like
runclient.sh and hobbitclient-`uname -s`.sh?  This just adds another
step before we can modify the files.

~David