Antwort: Re: [hobbit] rrd- data can't be created

Steffen.Pelzetter at nexans.com Steffen.Pelzetter at nexans.com
Tue Aug 8 13:53:52 CEST 2006

> 4.1.2 is a bit old; you should at least upgrade to 4.1.2p2 since there
> are a couple of security related bugs in the original 4.1.2.

Ok I can try.

> It doesn't affect the problem you have, though. Is this Debian 3.1
> (Sarge) ?

Yes exact. My machine is alphaserver 4100 (rawhide).

> > 2006-08-08 10:47:41 RRD error creating
> > /usr/local/hobbit/data/rrd/wva-svalpha2/netstat.rrd: min must be less
than
> > max in DS definition
>
> That's a new one. What rrdtool version do you have ? "rrdtool --version"

I have version rrdtool-1.2.10.
I wanted to upgrade to version rrdtool-1.2.15, but there is another
problem
compiling it.

checking if IEEE math works out of the box... not isnan(NaN) ... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... not
isnan(NaN) ... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... not
isnan(NaN) ...
no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... not isnan(NaN) ...
no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... not isnan(NaN)
... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (tobi at oetiker.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

I still work on that.

> Could you try adding the "--debug" option to the hobbitd_rrd commandline
> in the ~hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg ? It will then print out the
> exact parameters it uses for creating the RRD files, like this:

Yes I did. And I run that command:

./rrdtool create /tmp/tcp.orarns.tcp 'DS:sec:GAUGE:600:0:U'
'RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:576'
ERROR: min must be less than max in DS definition

having the same problem.

Hobbit and rrd were runnung month's before without any problem.

I changed the kernel from 2.4.X to 2.6.8 and installed some
security patches.
I don't know exactly when, but somewhere after rdd stopped running.