[hobbit] hobbitd_client ps error

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 3 20:36:30 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:09:17AM -0500, Kruse, Jason K. wrote:
> I'm having the local client crash on one system.  I've tracked it down
> to the process listing tests and am seeing odd behavior.

Do you mean something is crashing on the *client* host, or is the crash
on the Hobbit *server* when processing the client message?

> The [ps] listing on this system is HUGE!  1100 processes, 155,000
> characters.  What I see is after 32K, 223 processes in this example, if
> the string CMD appears in the process list I get an Abort.  It seems to
> be inconsistent regarding the number of bytes and lines required,
> however the CMD string does appear to be a key.

Could you send me the client message (you can grab it from the
clients' ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.HOSTNAME.txt file) ? I'd like to run it
through the hobbitd_client module here.