[hobbit] Windows Client

Frédéric Mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Tue Aug 1 09:31:53 CEST 2006

Le 01/08/2006 08:20, Everett, Vernon a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> I have been asleep for a while, and not monitoring what's been going
> on, but can anybody tell me the status of the Windows client?
> When I last paid close attention to the list, the client was in beta,
> and if I recall, did a pretty OK job. (I installed it on a test system)
> But that was at the old job.
>
> New job, new Hobbit installation, and the Windoze crowd want to see
> the client.
>
> What's news?

Hi

beta version 0.8 should be released today :
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=23853825&forum_id=48173

This is the actual change log for BBWin 0.8 :

 BBWin 0.8 Preview version - XX July 2006
 -------------------

 + New Features
 * svcs agent has now a delay setting which tell the agent to do not
   monitor the Windows services for a short time after the startup
   of the computer
 * Msgs agent have priority and count options
 * You may use environment variables for hostname and paths settings
 (registry and BBWin.cfg)
 * Cpu agent can monitor uptime like the original Big Brother client
 * Cpu agent reports usage for each cpu
 *
 + Updates
 * cpu agent on multi processor computers is now sending the correct cpu
   usage
 * disk is now reporting correctly disk which had a size smaller than 1 mb
 * autoreload is now on by default
 * BBWin doesn't exits any more on errors
 * Msgs default delay for match rules may be overridden by a generic setting

--

Frédéric Mangeant

Steria EDC Sophia-Antipolis