Server Redundancy

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 17:03:02 CEST 2006

I know this has probably been mentioned somewhere but I've got a major
mental blocking on after debugging sh/perl and php all day.

How to you guys do redundancy, checking your primary server doesn't
fail.  I assume you've just got another hobbit server checking your
hobbit server, however what I would like to do is have it setup with
some ext scripts say that check and if the server has died automagically
set the alerting to the redundant server and start alerting.

Anyway I'm sure there is something about this somewhere.

Regards

Mike Rowell