[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2 - new alfa release

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Mon Apr 24 15:28:25 CEST 2006

Dominique Frise wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>

>> So please beat this one up badly, and let me know what's missing before
>> I can release this for real.
>>

> I can't get LOG exclude/ignore pattern working :-(
>
> - the man page of hobbit-clients.cfg says:

> MSGS STATUS COLUMN SETTINGS
>      LOG logfilename pattern [color [excludepattern]]
>
> - but the comments in hobbit-clients.cfg say:
> LOG filename match-pattern [ignore-pattern] [color] [TEXT=displaytext]
>
> Which one is correct?
>

> Dominique

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

My own reply ;-)
Finally got it working (what a pain!)

It would greatly help debugging LOG directives if this tag was supported by the
hobbitd_client --test mode...

Two more ideas for the beta release
-----------------------------------
- SunOS client
   Here is a the df command I use in hobbitclient-sunos.sh

   df -kl | egrep "^Filesystem|^/dev/|^swap" | egrep -v "/var/run|volatile|cdrom"

   This one does the right job under Solaris 8/9/10 (probably 7 too)

- All clients
   It would be good to be able to manage the client-side modules
   launch centraly (actually localy managed in clientlaunch.cfg)

Cheers,

Dominique
University of Lausanne