[hobbit] hobbitclient stopped reporting

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Apr 22 11:55:14 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:40:30AM +0200, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
> After server reboot hobbitclient stopped reported and turned PURPLE.
> Hobbitclientd is running properly and is gathering data in tmp.
> It is not name related problem - in bb-hosts there is full qualified name
> and CLIENT:nodename.
> Before rebootstraping there was YELLOW status on disk monitoring.
>
> I really can't see in logs any help to explain the problem.
> It is rather important to get it up again - it is very important server.

Check that you have "BBHOSTS=2" set in hobbitserver.cfg in the server
side. If not, change it and restart Hobbit. Wait 5 minutes, then check
the "hobbitd" status to see if your client is listed there - if it is,
then the hostname used by the client doesn't match what is in bb-hosts.

On the client side, see if you can telnet to the Hobbit server on port
1984. If not, something is blocking data from going to your Hobbit
server.

Finally, on the client you can try this. On the Hobbit SERVER, login as
the "hobbit" user and run

bbcmd hobbitd_channel --channel=client grep "@@"

Then on the CLIENT, setup the Hobbit client environment settings with:
$ HOBBITCLIENTHOME=/usr/lib/hobbit/client bbcmd --env=/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg

Then try running the command that sends a status to the server:
$ $BB $BBDISP "@" <$BBTMP/msg.txt

On the Hobbit SERVER, you should then see the header of the client
message, like this:

@@client#506|1145699641.027178|127.0.0.1|localhost|linux

Does that give you any ideas ?