Monitoring RAID status

Thorsten.Erdmann at daimlerchrysler.com Thorsten.Erdmann at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Apr 13 15:52:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I once extended the BigBrothers Disk Script to show a status dot and the
sync status of mirrored disks in front of every filesystems status line.
Now I migrated to Hobbit. Nearly all works fine but this extension causes
the disk graphs to fail. If I understand it right, the do_disk.c program
simply reads each line of the status file and displays the fifth column as
the disk usage. Since my outfile from the client has two columns in front
of each line this fails. The disk usage is now on column seven.

I can now alter the C code but that's bad if I ever install a new version
of Hobbit. So is there any idea out there how to add data to an output
file without disturbing the Hobbit's standard functions.

BTW: the disk test on a RedHat Box shows one "graph" to much. It's only a
non referenced link, so I think Hobbit tries to interpret things that it
cannot read, maybe the title line of the DF commmand's output.

Thanks for help
Thorsten Erdmann