[hobbit] BBWin 0.5 available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Apr 4 13:20:18 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 04:42:35PM -0400, Aiello, Steve (GE, Corporate, consultant) wrote:
> On the *NIX servers you had the 'pagelevels' setting in the
> bb/etc/bbwarnsetup.cfg file. I believe this setting configures the
> client to send status reports as 'page' instead of 'status' when the
> color matches... Thus if I want the client to page on yellow I just set
> to  'pagelevels: red yellow'.

You misunderstand how paging works in Hobbit.

The BBWin client should never care about paging. All of the paging is
configured on the Hobbit server, in the hobbit-alerts.cfg file. The
BBWin client just sends a status message to the Hobbit server; the
Hobbit server then decides if an alert should be sent, based on the
color of the status, the configuration in the hobbit-alerts.cfg file,
the time of day ...

So, there is no reason to implement this unless you want to be
compatible with an original Big Brother server.