[hobbit] BBWin 0.5 available

David Gilmore david at stenhouseconsulting.com
Mon Apr 3 22:40:33 CEST 2006

Etienne,

A problem has come up with the Externals.  I had been calling all of my
external scripts from one batch file when I was using BBNT, which worked
fine.  I ran the vbs script to convert my BBNT setting to BBWIN and checked
the XML file to see that it had imported c:\bblogs\bbexternals.cmd.
However, all my externals are reporting purple.

I did read through the docs and changed the scripts and registry to point to
the BBWin\tmp directory, but still no reports.  If I manually execute the
scripts, then they show up in the BBWin\tmp directory.  I even changed the
XML file to call the scripts directly.  But still no luck.  After a few
service restarts I got the following in my APP log

App: W 'Mon Apr 03 16:28:55 2006': BigBrotherHobbitClient - " The agent
externals generated this event
message : Failed to launch c:\bblogs\BBsav.vbs:   "
App: W 'Mon Apr 03 16:28:55 2006': BigBrotherHobbitClient - " The agent
externals generated this event
message : Failed to launch c:\bblogs\IIS-Check.vbs:   "

Any suggestions?

Dave

  _____