[hobbit] BBWin 0.5 available

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 15:57:06 CEST 2006

Hi Frédéric,

Thank you for the feedback.

2006/4/3, Frédéric Mangeant < frederic.mangeant at steria.com>:

> Hi Etienne
>
> many thanks for your work, BBWin 0.5 works great (tested on Windows XP
> Pro). Some settings in BBWin.cfg (like "report empty CD-ROM drives")are
> very useful.
>
> I have a few questions / remarks :
> - do you plan to add a "time-of-day" setting in BBWin.cfg (it will be
> supported by the Hobbit client 4.2) ?

Well, this setting doesn't seem to be for the client. I'm not familiar with
this setting but I think it is only useful on hobbit server side. Could you
give me an example of when you would need that setting from the client ?

- maybe BBWin.log should be moved from C:\ to C:\Program
> Files\BBWin\logs, I don't like files in the root directory ;-)

You are right, I will create a logs directory and certainly create a
registry entry for this useful path.

- do you think a GUI (like the one from the BB client) will exist one day ?

For the moment, the most important is to get a full stable client even if we
have to edit the file by hand. However, I plan to try to develop a small mmc
or a small gui tool to configure the XML BBWin.cfg file easily

- do you plan to add dynamic settings in the next release ?

Yes, may be not the future release, but I plan to be able to reload settings
from BBWin.cfg dynamically when BBWin.cfg time stamp has changed for example
without restarting the service.

Thanks for you answer !

> --

I hope I answered all your questions.