ignore pages

Kolbjørn Barmen kolbjorn.barmen at uninett.no
Sun Apr 2 21:43:50 CEST 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Thomas wrote:

> Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I just set up a Hobbit-server for testing, to see if we (hopefully) can
> >"upgrade" from our old bigbrother. One feature we have missed is to be
> >able to set up pages with non-critical/testing/private machines, that wont
> >affect the over-all status of the Hobbit main-page.
> >
> >If one could set this as a page property flag or something
> >("ignore-in-parent"), that would be superb.
> >Is this perhaps already possible?
>
> All of this can be done with building alternate page sets.

OK, I finally got around to try it out.

I put this into my bb-hosts:

##### PRIVATE maskiner #####
privatpage kolla Kolla sine maskiner
privatgroup-compress
privatpage einar Einar sine maskiner
privatgroup-compress
privatpage oep Øyvind sine maskiner
privatgroup-compress <b>Here goes...</b>

and put in PRIVAT:kolla, PRIVAT:einar and PRIVAT:oep on the respective's machines.

Then I made a $BBHOME/ext/privat.sh looking like this:

#!/bin/sh
BBWEB="/private-maskiner" $BBHOME/bin/bbgen --pageset=privat $BBHOME/www/private-maskiner/

and lastly, made an entry in $BBHOME/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg:

[bbprivat]
        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD $BBHOME/ext/privat.sh
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/privat.log
        INTERVAL 1m

And it works nicely - for /private-maskiner - however, they machines are still
showing up on the default pages, and alarms are not limited to show up inside
/private-maskiner.

Am I missing something, or is it not possible to configure it so that certain
machines are only viewable/"alarmable" from within a certain alternate page?

--
Kolbjørn Barmen
UNINETT Driftsenter