[hobbit] Acknowledgment Code

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 28 15:42:59 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:55:12PM +0200, Christian Schlüter wrote:

> I think it would be nice to see the Acknowledgment Code on the page
> where the alert is shown so you don't have to look at the mails to get it.
> Or does it make more sense to acknowledge an alert only by persons who
> already have been informed about the issue?

The way it works was inspired by the Big Brother use of the ack codes;
you'd need the ack code from an e-mail alert and that would then also
serve as an authentication token to indicate that you were authorized
to acknowledge the alert.

The acknowledge handling will change when I get around to implementing
the multi-level acknowledge system that has been mentioned here a few
times. So let's discuss it at a later time.