[hobbit] BBALPHAMSG

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 1 22:27:21 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:42:26PM -0400, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 10:13:05AM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > Seems like BBALPHAMSG is being ignored by hobbit-4.1.1 server. I have a
>
> I was wrong. BBALPHAMSG is still part of hobbit-4.1.1 but it only keeps
> the status logs. Is that mean all msgs files are coming in as data log?
>
> In that case what variable do I use with my ALERT scripts to scan msgs
> data?

I've lost track of what you want to do.

BBALPHAMSG contains the text in a Hobbit "status" message, which is the
only thing that can trigger an alert.

Are you referring to the data for a "msgs" status column ? The Hobbit
client does not implement data collection for the "msgs" column, so
that can never trigger an alert. Until I've found a good way of doing
system log monitoring, you can use some of the BB add-on scripts from
deadcat.net - these should generate a normal status message and hence
show up in the normal way for your alerts (including BBALPHAMSG).