[hobbit] EXHOST usage

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Thu Oct 27 21:59:45 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

Henrik,

This will work nicely, but I also realized something else...while the
IGNORE option will indeed ignore the alert, the main display will still
show red for that service.  So while no pages may go out, anyone who
monitors the page visually will still think there is a problem.

The optimal soultion I think, would be a "MAINT" option, where you could
specify time periods that a host and or service automatically goes into
maintenance mode.  This way no pages go out, and the display has the
proper visual indication that the host has been administratively
disabled. Something like:
MAINT HOST=dataproc1.mydomain.com SERVICE=cpu TIME=*:0600:1000

It might even be nice to be able to tack on a REASON="Some reason here",
that gets put on the maint page, but if that is too difficult could just
use a generic reason like "administratively disabled".

-Charles