[hobbit] Hobbitclient problem and Confreport problem

Deiss, Mark Mark.Deiss at acs-inc.com
Thu Oct 20 14:33:07 CEST 2005

If you really need a longer line, trying using:

ps -efww

The deadcat offerings sometimes use:

ps auxw

or

ps auxww

I am curious if anyone has noticed any problems pumping full process lists
from N servers to a hobbit server. We have boxes running a lot of java
processes with really lonnnngggggg command lines. The single "w" in the ps
command should help truncate some of the line length. If the process
monitoring does not require processing the entire lonnngggg line, then
single "w" would be better the "ww". Keep in mind the lonnngggg lines also
make for a rather congested web display for the process list.