hobbitgraph.cfg definition for graphing total # httpd servers

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Fri Oct 14 21:43:58 CEST 2005

A problem came up which required us to monitor the total number of
apache servers running on our webservers, and I solved it by adding
adding a CDEF to apache1 hobbitgraph.cfg definition.  The attached patch
uses sum of the idle & busy workers data values to create a third value,
total workers, for hobbit to graph.  It also allowed me to use data I
was already collecting with my apache tests instead of creating a new
test or addon script, which is always good in my mind.

Since it did the trick and we were able to monitor httpd more closely, I
thought I'd throw the patch out to the list for others to use, if they
needed something like this.  If so, I hope it helps you.

Tom