client install

Kimberly McKinnis kmckinnis at macrovision.com
Thu Oct 6 20:59:35 CEST 2005

I wanted to clarify my understanding of the hobbit client. I'm back to
evaluating Hobbit since BB (even with bbgen and a secondary BBNET
machines) is killing a 2.4Ghz dual Xeon with 4GB RAM with its 7000
targets. The standalone client is only for NetBSD, so when i get the
whole package and install only the client, I can delete hobbit related
files in /usr/local? I.e. I'm downloading it to /usr/local/ out of
habit, using ./configure --client and after the make and make install,
do I need anything that's left in /usr/local/hobbit, since the client
folder goes to /home/hobbit? Just trying to eliminate extraneous stuff
on the machine. Thanks!

P.S. I understand I can use the existing BB client, but I might as well
use the real Hobbit client on new installs.

Thanks!