[hobbit] Email alert based on specific process

Scott Walters scott at PacketPushers.com
Sun Nov 13 05:44:32 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, (Henrik Stoerner) wrote:

> the rules you define in the hobbit-clients.cfg file. E.g. if you have
> two process checks for a host, the check for the "httpd" process can
> be associated with a "web" label, and the check for the "mysqld"
> process gets a "database" label. Then you can define alerts that use
> these labels just like we currently use e.g. the service names, i.e.
>
>    HOST=*
>        MAIL dbadmin at foo.com LABEL=database
>        MAIL webadmin at foo.com LABEL=web

Beautiful.  And it would be ideal if those 'labels' also ended up as
columns in the display, not just for notifications.

So for the the 'database' label, you would like to see mysql up, nothing
bad in the log file, and the /mysql partition is OK.

--
Scott Walters
-PacketPusher