[hobbit] Conn test failing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 7 10:56:18 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 03:30:20AM -0500, Jeff Stuart wrote:

> Ok, I've got some WEIRD problems here.  My conn test (IE fping) is
> failing on the BBNET server itself!  It's going red for no apparent
> reason.  Here's the results of the page back to me:
>
> red  Mon Nov  7 02:00:25 2005 conn NOT ok
>
> Service conn on 123.123.123.123 is not OK : Host does not respond to ping

Have you tried running fping on the BBNET server using both the hostname
and the IP address ? Hobbit uses the hostname, and if that gets resolved
to something other than the IP address you expect, strange things can
happen.

A telltale sign is if the IP address reported in the "conn" status is
something other than what you would expect.

Does it also fail if you login to the BBNET server and run

   bbcmd bbtest-net --debug --ping HOSTNAME.OF.BBNET.SERVER

The debug output includes any errors that Hobbit has when trying to run
fping. It also saves some fping-std* files in the
~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory - those might be interesting
to look at.