[hobbit] few more questions

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Nov 3 22:05:20 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 03:59:42PM -0500, Jason Chambers wrote:
> > Installing the Hobbit server does install and launch the client.
> > You should see the netstat- and vmstat-graphs if you look at the
> > "trends" column; there is no dedicated netstat- or vmstat-column
> > since these are purely for collecting data.
>
> If I don't have these columns in the trends graph, what will I need to
> do to get them up?

Look for the ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.txt file - this is the data
collected by the client and sent to the Hobbit server. It should
contain a section beginning with "[netstat]" and another with
"[vmstat]". Are they in that file ? And not empty sections ?

If they are, send me a copy of that file. It might be that Hobbit
just fails to recognize the format of data your server sends;
what OS is this on ?