[hobbit] No pages when going from yellow to red

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Nov 1 23:15:25 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 10:25:12PM +0100, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:00:01PM -0500, Pat Vaughan wrote:
> > On my AIX box running the Hobbit client I found that disk alarms aren't
> > generated if the condition goes from yellow to red.
> >
> > I have rules to send an Email if it's yellow, and I always get that.  I
> > also have rules to send a page if the state is red, and I get those if it
> > jumps from green to red.  But, if the state goes to yellow and then to
> > red, the paging rule never fires.  There isn't a entry added to the
> > notification log either.
> >
> > I've mentioned this before on the list, but never got a definite response.
>
> I'll look into this problem.

I've been trying to re-create this problem, but I do get the alerts I
expect to get.

One thing that might confuse some people: The REPEAT setting counts
"across colors". E.g. if you have REPEAT=30 (the default, 30 minutes
between alerts), and the sequence of events goes like

  22:05 Test goes yellow - alert (yellow) is sent
  22:35 Test still yellow - repeat alert (yellow) is sent
  22:45 Test goes red. No alert is sent because it is only 10 minutes
        since the last alert went out.
  23:05 Test still red - now an alert (red) is sent.