Hosts file entry for dynamic address

Allan allan at zandahar.net
Tue May 31 08:19:13 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Just been looking at adding a host that has a dynamic IP address and
wondering if you have to actually define an ip address in the host file
? I know unless you put in testip it will use the hostname so thats
fine. I found an example of using just 0.0.0.0 which I tested and it
works fine but just want to make sure there isnt another way to do it.

On another note with the setting IPTEST_2_CLEAR_ON_FAILED_CONN="TRUE"
set globally is there any way of being able to override this for a
particuar client ?

Lastly if you read this cheers Henrik you champion for adding in the
TIME param on the alerts test function.
Its awesome to see developers actually listen to you and add things that
you feel are great additions to the software 8-)

Allan